- Food Industry
IFS Food Version 6.1 available
IFS Food Version 6.1 is published now.
Version 6.1 or Version 7 ?
Version 7 of the IFS Food standard has been announced for 2018. This new version was specifically supposed to bring the standard into compliance with GFSI requirements in terms of preventing Food Fraud. As this has to be done before 30 November 2017, it ended be an amendment of the current version 6 with the release of version 6.1 by November 30. Version 7 will not published before end of 2018.
Version 6.1 is avaiable here (under Information about standards)
What’s new with version 6.1 ?
This new version is consolidating the latest changes which already apply as well as some new ones.
- update of the Integrity Program protocol
- incorporation of the “unannounced audit” protocol
- update with harmonisation of the document compared to the Doctrine (July 2017)
- 20.3: reformulation of the requirement
- 2.1 (new): requirements for the prevention of Food Fraud (evaluation of Food Fraud vulnerability, plan to reduce vulnerability, revision of the evaluation at least annually and evaluation and reduction plans in the event of an increase in risks)
- incorporation of the unannounced audit protocol
What is the schedule?
The new version 6.1 will come into force on 1 July 2018.
Next steps ?
A Blended Learning Course about Food Fraud (webbased learning) will be offered in 2018.
After publication of version 7 interactive seminars will be offered.